Monday 28 January 2013

Healesville Sanctuary





















On Saturday we went to Healesville Sanctuary. We had a wonderful day- Casper got to skip his nap, eat "chocoot" biscuits and see lots of animals. Jess got to feed and pat a kangaroo and she was amazed by the koalas. My favourite animal was the Lyrebird and I am considering making an embroidery of one! 

Mel took us for a little drive into the Yarra Ranges on the way home which was so beautiful. I love those mountains.

We are going on to the Otways for the next couple of days, so it will be a bit quiet around these parts until Thursday, but I will be coming back with a special handmade giveaway! 

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Your baby is so cute ;)

    Saludos,
    Clau!
    Visit me at http://clobyclau.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures, and what fun! My little guy would go crazy for that place.

    xox Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures, looks like you guys had an amazing day! and that drive sounds beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did my high school work experience at healsville sanctuary. Special place. My gran used to live at a beautiful place called millgrove near warbuton in the dandenong ranges

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so strange...I was scrolling through these photos thinking, "Wow, this place looks a lot like Healsville Sanctuary!
    I went there the other day and got to pet the platypus (it helps having a friend who is one of the zookeepers!)

    Great place! xx

    ReplyDelete