Thursday 10 January 2013

Berry Monster Playsuit























Early this morning while Casper watched Kiki's Delivery Service, I made these overalls on a whim. 
I drafted the pattern myself and the fabric is some Laura Ashley quilting cotton that I bought a long time ago in an op shop. The buttons are from my extensive collection and I suspect they are bakelite. I decided to try my hand at a pocket with ric-rac peeking out of the top seam like teeth, and while I was pinning it all together I realised that it made the front of the suit look like a monster! 

It's a little too big, but that's always a good thing and next time I will make the waist smaller or more elasticised. I will add buttons to the straps to make them longer as Casper grows taller. How cool are his little blundstones?


8 comments:

  1. The whole outfit is cool!!! If you sold those overalls, I'd buy a pair for Violet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. He is so cute in that tousled hair kind of way. My kids rock tousled as they both are not fans of the brush. My other piece of advice is flog your sewing creations on the boy now before he starts to have an opinion. I kind of missed the boat with miss Liongirl and she now only likes lycra with nasty bling and a whole lot of pink. Damn. mel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute.. love his tousled hair.. great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little red socks poking out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing. You are one talented Mama x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Beautiful! Thank you find my blog and now I have found yours x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The overalls are delightful!!!! And the blundstones - love it, very Aussie :) thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm enjoying reading your space here - I love that you're doing a painting for the 52 project, very talented!

    ReplyDelete