Sunday 27 January 2013

4/52







"A portrait of my child once a week, every week in 2013"

Casper: Those eyelashes.

and

At Healesville Sanctuary.

Joining in with Jodi. Also on my Tumblr.



This week I did two paintings. I'm not really sure which direction I am going with this project. I feel like I should be making portraits that look like rather than represent my subject (Casper) but only because I don't know how far I will go if I start abstracting this whole portrait idea.
 I would appreciate feedback, but I don't think it will change what I do in the future. So which portrait do you prefer? I'm still not sure.


xxx Ruby


13 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, and those eye lashes, incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just LOVE these portraits. So glad to have found you via Jodi's blog x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them both but the colours in the first one just glow beautifully. Keep going, your work is gorgeous. mel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, your photos are lovely, your child gorgeous and your paintings stunning! What a lovely space you've created here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, lovely photos and lovely paintings. Well done, mama. Happy to find your spot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, your paintings are breathtaking! i love what you have done with them so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are both so good. The first feels a little more "dreamy" while the colors on the second are perfect! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow such gorgeous portraits - what a wonderful concept

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think they are both amazing. Your paintings will always represent how you see your son, abstract or not. That's what makes them so captivating and why I keep popping back to see the next instalment in the series :-) Belinda x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think they're both amazing. I think your portraits will always represent how you see your son, abstract or not. That's what makes them captivating and why I keep popping back to see the next instalment! Belinda x

    ReplyDelete
  11. they are both utterly beautiful but I think I love the first one just that little bit more x

    ReplyDelete